December 11, 2013

Erynne's Art Party



I didn't do any cooking for this party, but it turned out to be such a hit amongst the parents that I just had to post it in my blog. 

My youngest asked for an art party for her birthday. So for about a month or so I searched the internet looking for ideas and came up with some of my own. 

Activities
We had three tables set up at the party. One of them was set up with easels, canvas, paint brushes and lots of paint. The other was set up with a roll of paper for free coloring or painting. The last table had small jewelry cardboard boxes and wooden cars for the kids to paint or put stickers on. There was another table set up with all the supplies, such as paint, paint brushes, palettes, sponges, extra canvas, etc. I also hung some string from the trees so that we can hang up their paintings to dry.


Decorations and Table Set up
All the plates, cups and napkins were solid colors, all vibrant and for the most part I tried to get primary colors. Instead of cups for the kids, I used plastic mason jars, wrapped kitchen twine to make a bowl and added a stripped paper straw of various colors. On the table I put various plastic tubs with crayons, markers and colorful bouncing balls. They used the crayons and markers to draw on the paper tablecloth on the table. 


Food and Drinks
This time around I ordered food from our local grocery (chicken tenders, croquettes, and cheese tray) and ordered various pizzas. We had water, apple juice and Hawaiian punch.  For the adults we made sangria.





Favor Bags
I added to each bag (which they could paint on) a sketchbook which they can paint or color in, an activity book, crayons, water paint, and a lollipop. I no longer do pinatas, instead I order cupcakes and give each a cupcake to take home.

The Cake



The kids in action
 





 
Some of the finished paintings








No comments:

Post a Comment